Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Now I know my ABCs...

Now I know my ABCs, next time won't you sing with me?

Last night when Elizabeth & Reid were talking on the phone, she sang her ABCs all the way through - without any assistance! Reid & I were both "there" to witness this major achievement, even though Reid was unfortunately not physically with Elizabeth to give her a huge hug after she sang the ABC song.

When E was talking with Reid on the phone she said, "Daddy I miss you." And then (as if she couldn't get any cuter she said) "Daddy I give you a hug" while she was hugging herself a-la Potsy on Happy Days making out with a girl. It was just too precioius!!!

As has not been uncommon while Reid is away, Elizabeth wakes up in the middle of the night (2-3 AM) and refuses to go back to sleep without being pulled into the big bed with Kennedy and me. When I jump in the shower, I put her back in her crib for those last few minutes of her sleep. She must have dreamed last night that we were all one cozy little group in our bed. When she woke up this morning she asked where Daddy was (also not uncommon since Reid has been in Wheeling.) I told her as I do every morning that he isn't home, he's working. She said, "No he was right there sleeping" (pointing to his spotin the bed.) I said, no he was in Wheeling working (not wanting to confuse her that he was in Charleston working, but anyway...) Then Kennedy moved on the bed to Reid's spot and she screamed, "No, Kennedy! No! Daddy's bed." Then when I had her on the bed getting her dressed, she kept looking under the covers for her Daddy. When it finally sank in that he wasn't at home with us last night she cried - and was generally a cry baby until some time after I dropped her off at Nana's & Papa's.

I heart her so (and miss my Sweetness!!!)

2 comments:

Paula said...

that made me tear up...so sad and sweet at the same time..

suecunningham said...

I enjoyed reading all this. What a cutie she is!! My heart goes out to all three of you and Kennedy too.
MOM