Sunday, June 26, 2011

Crap That Annoys Me...

There is a long, long list of crap that annoys me, and I'll save you from the list in its entirety...here's just a taste of the ABCs that are me (you may want to give my darling husband your condolences the next time you see him):

  1. The word "satchel" - unless, of course, you are referring to Satchel Paige
  2. All of the Ohio and PA drivers that are dyslexic...thinking that the left-hand lane is the "slow lane"
  3. Babies that used to sleep through the night. Yes, Cate, that would be YOU in which I'm referencing...
  4. Delayed planes...22 hours from the point that I read the email (email was sent at 12:29 am stating my 11:15 am flight was "modified due to a flight cancellation/delay") to get to Anaheim -- via the airport I least preferred to fly into, LAX...ridiculousness...
  5. Jet lag
  6. Not being able to back up on a TV -- the DVR age has spoiled me, and there are many times when I'm watching TV in bed that I unsuccessfully attempt to back up my bedroom TV. Bummer!
  7. Email issues...currently, I'm able to receive, but not send work-related emails...
  8. Cheap tequilla
  9. Dog hairs - everywhere (although I will save you, Kennedy, from Reid's ongoing threats to shave you!)
  10. Bad coffee. It's not that difficult to make. Get some quality beans, grind them, add water, voila.
  11. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E...have a magical day! And here is the photographic evidence to support this case:
Seriously? A 3-fingered-Cousin-It-hand coming out of the wall in the bathroom? That's just plain creepy!

Trust me, this is NOT what you want to see when you finally get into your hotel room after a 22-hour commute...

And this headboard...don't EVEN get me started on this! All disoriented, at 4 AM PDT (7 AM EDT), my first night in Anaheim, I wake up in a slight panic thinking I have overslept some major event...I wake up and make the HUGE mistake of hitting the lamp on my bedside table. And if the chimes of "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" isn't enough to make your ears bleed, you have to watch out for the cheesy fireworks on the headboard which could make you lose your lunch...



Now these two fixtures...that's just tacky!

Just remembered that I needed to add to my list. (See item number 10 -- reliving these pictures from Disneyland made me remember...)







Do you have to put this crap everywhere...especially stuff that I'm about to put in my mouth???

Okay, this one doesn't so much as annoy me, but it is perplexing. "Digestive Biscuits"... mmmm... tasty... I think...

But is this the truly squeaky-clean message that Walt intended when he created Disneyland? Eat this - crap that??? Bizarre...







In general, all of the Mickey Mouse images EVERYWHERE. The carpet, the plates, the bathroom tiles, etc. every freakin' where you turn...

For the life of me I cannot fathom the people that go there on their honeymoons. Seriously!

I does pain me to admit that I do look forward to the day when we take Elizabeth & Cate there -- although my bank account doesn't.

No comments: