Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Clap Is Not a Dance!

Elizabeth cracks me up! Well, that...and I am really to the point where I need to watch what I say around her. (Not to mention needing to put a muzzle on "Uncle Jake" when he comes to visit - Aye-yi-yi!)

Anyway, this morning when I was getting Elizabeth into the car for the drive to Nana's & Papa's house, I got a wee bit clumsy. Not to say that I threw her in her carseat, but I have put her in it much more gently on thousands of other occassions.

Upon my plopping Elizabeth into her car seat she said,
"Holy clap, Mommy!"

Naturally, I laughed. Then she said it again and again..."Holy clap. Holy clap. Holy clap."

The novelty of that quickly wore off before she started going through what I refer to as role call: "Where's Daddy?" He's at work. "Where's Kennenny?" She's in the house being a good puppy. "Where's Grandma?" She's at her house with Papi. "Where's Papi?" He's at his house with Grandma. "Where's Nana?" She's at her house with Papa. That's where we're going now. "Where's Papa?" He's at his house with Nana. "Where's Aunt Anne?" She's at her house with Sean & Alex. They live in New York City. "Where's Sean?" He's at his house with Anne & Alex. "Where's Alex?" He's at his house with Anne & Sean. [Need I continue???]

It's like the song that ne-ver ends...Yes it goes on and on my friend...Some people started signing it, not knowing what it was...And they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that ne-ver ends...

No comments: