Monday, April 7, 2008

What a girl wants, what a girl needs...

In Elizabeth's case, "What a girl wants, what a girl needs" are one in the same.

This evening Elizabeth climbed up on the couch next to me and declared, "I need ice cream" (pronounced very nasally i-cream). To which I, naively attempted to teach a 2 year old the difference between "wants" and "needs" when I inquired, "Elizabeth do you NEED ice cream or (doing sign language for all of this to help emphasize my point) or do you WANT ice cream?"

Elizabeth replied (also utilizing her sign language skills), "I need want i-cream, Mommy!"

Grandma & I have had quite the laugh over this. I figure I had this one coming...

1 comment:

Paula said...

is there a differnce when it comes to ice cream?
i have a little ice cream snob..she refused to eat dairy cream corner ice cream only dairy queen