Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby Cate - 2 months

Cate turned 2 months old on my Daddy's birthday, February 1st. She's growing so quickly -- due in no small part to the large quantity of awake time that she spends nursing/eating! If Cate is awake, odds are she is either eating or hiccupping.

Yesterday, for example, she nursed before I got into the shower around 6:45 AM. Then Mom reported that she took 4 ounces by bottle every 1-1/2 to 2 hours until I got home. (My Mom deserves a HUGE shiny medal for the banner day she had, too -- as Elizabeth woke up in the middle of the night with an ear ache, so Mom had a hungry, hungry Cate and Elizabeth who stayed home from Pre-K due to the ear ache!)

Cate is getting so chubby -- most evident in her belly and "thunder thighs." She's starting to coo and smile, especially when Elizabeth engages with her! That just melts my heart to watch Cate's reactions to Elizabeth getting her to smile!!! I'm looking forward to her next appointment so we can see just how much she weighs.

For this month's picture, I think she looks quite appropriate in the Steelers onesie that Elizabeth wore when the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 2006. (Pictures on the quilt are in order - 1 week, 1 month, 2 months...and just a cute one from tonight's photo shoot). Here we go...