Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for/to/about:

  • That I'm looking to my left hand side and I can see Elizabeth cuddling with her precious lambie and her Daddy. They are two peas in a pod! And I look to the right of my feet and I see my sweet baby girl, Kennedy. It's good to be home!
  • That Barack Obama is accepting our party's nomination to become the 44th President of the United States. A very proud moment...and I am totally geeking out on the Democratic National Convention!!! (Next week I'll be geeking out again, but you can bet I'll be much less happy and a ton more cranky!!!)
  • That Barack Obama chose Joe Biden as his running mate. Solid choice, IMHO, a guy with no internal filter...I have a bit of experience with that a time or two (like when I told my former idiot boss, not to be confused with my current idiot boss - who by the way is a bigger idiot if you are into comparing idiots, "I can't fix stupid.")
  • I found a heck of a sale at Belk's on bedding...now if only their "over sized" king bedding will truly be over sized so that I'm not having to hawk the good find on eBay in a week or so...
  • That we got to go home to Mom & Daddy's last week to spend time with Anne, Sean, & Alex...
  • For Elizabeth's "special box" (photo to be uploaded and put with this post later...I think the camera is in Reid's vehicle)
  • That I was able to find a back-up lambie...and it is en route to me as I type...it would be most disastrous to not have lambie...seriously disastrous...
  • That Nana, Papa, Rikki, & Doug will be coming for a weekend visit...
  • That football season is upon us...Let's Goooooooooooo Mountaineers! Strange, I've got a craving for Jim Beam - wonder why? (Answer (to the tune of Iron Man by Black Sabbath: "Jim Beam's good for you; has nu-tritional value! We drink Jimmy Beam - Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Beam...)

No comments: