Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful to/for/about:

  • A tot that makes me laugh (and quite a few others, so I'm told!) A couple of weeks ago, when Grandma was here, I was spelling out a word that I didn't want her to catch on to like C-A-N-D-Y. Elizabeth didn't like that she was being excluded from that part of the conversation and told me, "Mommy, don't say it like A-D-C-X-W-Y-Z. That's not very nice!" Or like this past weekend when she was staying at Grandma's house, she strips down out of her PJ's telling Grandma, "I get naked and dance." She's just a pair of light-up clear heels and a pole away from being a stripper. Wait, I need to correct that...a pole away from being an "exotic" dancer. (She has clear light-up princess heels thanks to Caylin Marie!)
  • A thoughtful girl who told me that I wanted ribbit cupcakes for my birthday. We made them (rainbow cupcakes, actually), and they are quite adorable - photos below.
  • A fabulous and talented husband. He debuted on CBS-C as a sideline reporter February 28th and was fan-freaking-tastic! I was so proud of him!!! And last week, he completed his 7th year of broadcasting the entire WVIAC tournament in Charleston...that is 14 games in 4 days...he did play-by-play on all but 2 games. And, I don't think I've blogged about his new position at West Liberty. He's now the Executive Director, Office of Communications for West Liberty soon-to-be University! He's the bomb!
  • Picnics. E's been having a love-affair with having picnics this week. We celebrated my birthday with a picnic dinner. Too precious.
  • The health of my dear Alpha Gam friend, Amy Speck Vinton (and Billy Vinton's) little baby. Alexandria Morgan "Alex" Vinton, born at 2:29 PM, on March 3rd - weighing in at 8 lbs., 15 oz. and was 21 inches long. A few hours after Alex was born, she was transported to Children's Mercy Hospital (Kansas City, KS) because of an abdominal mass in her stomach. Amy found out 2 weeks prior about Alex's condition - the doctors thought it was some type of ovarian cyst. Alex had exploratory surgery the next day, where 250 ml of fluid from a cyst (the equivalent of a can of Pepsi) was removed from her tummy. They kept Alex for a few more days to watch her, but now she is home and doing great!
  • That I got a great birthday present -- the Mountaineers upsetting Pitt in the Big East Tournament 74-60! Woo Hoo! Let's Gooooo Mountaineers!!!

No comments: