Sunday, March 22, 2009

Not everything's better homemade

I made buttermilk biscuits this morning. They were good. Better than the stuff from the cans. But they aren't "Daddy's biscuits" (aka Flash Biscuits). His are the best! They are just the right size. They rise just perfectly. They are flaky, but not too much.

I used a recipe. Daddy doesn't use a recipe.

Next time I'm home and he's making biscuits, I need to kick the stool out from underneath Elizabeth and get a lesson from the master in how it is done! That sort of action may not win me any awards for Mother of the Year, but I'm sure there are some best biscuit awards that I could garner.

(This picture is from last month...when Daddy was showing Elizabeth how to clean a trout. She was telling him that the fish had a belly ache.)

No comments: