Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful to/for/about:

  • That we've found a good pediatrician...and that we trusted our instincts that something was wrong with Elizabeth even after the fever had broken. (E got a fever late Saturday, had it off & on Sunday - it was worse in the evening/night than it was during the day...ditto on Monday - it was really at its worst on Monday night when she had a fever of 104. The fever was gone on Tuesday, but we still took her to the doctor. Despite not showing any signs that her ears were bothering her, she has infections in both ears - plus her tonsils are inflamed as a result of the ear infections. She's all drugged up (I'll get to that in a minute) taking amoxicillin, Zyrtec, Motrin, and Tylenol.)
  • Motrin - it makes a kid very, very sleepy. In fact, she's asleep right now! (8:30 pm - might be a new record).
  • That Anne, Sean, and Alex are driving home right now. I miss them all terribly. We're going to have a great weekend - making apple butter at the Lazy W (Sean's parents' farm), there is a Halloween street parade on Saturday ("I be Wonder Woman [for] Halloween!"), and just some quality time with Grandma & Papi. It stinks that Reid won't be able to join us - we'll really miss him!
  • My scrapbook space - thanks to my great space, I've been able to do quite a bit of scrapbooking. I'm up to Halloween (albeit 2006)
  • Boo at the Zoo - Olgebay's Good Zoo, that is. When Elizabeth & I were waiting on Reid to get to Olgebay, I was telling her we were at the zoo and were going to get to see some animals. She said, "No we not. Where's Rikki?" Elizabeth was quite scared during the train ride and thereafter. I got a bit of a workout as a result, carrying her from the time we got off the train (that was the second stop for us at the Boo at the Zoo) until she was safely buckled into her car seat. Thankfully we rode the train while there was still a little bit of daylight - would have been absolutely tragic otherwise! We had fun, though! What a nifty event at Olgebay! The Charlie Brown & Lucy light set where Charlie tries to kick the football was lit - the other lights are being put out. I can't wait for Elizabeth to see the Christmas lights at Olgebay! I'll be thankful then for my GPS, so we can avoid Olgebay when going up to West Lib, unless we're wanting to see the lights...
  • TV shows that I love - Top Design, Mad Men, Grey's Anatomy (which I'll be taping tonight so that I was watch the Mountaineers!) Speaking of Top Design - Eddie Ross, my fav because he's such a smart ass, talented as hell, and is the Senior Style Editor of Martha Stewart Living (go figure why I adore him so!) has a Blog. I've added him to my Blog Crushes.
  • And that the Mountaineers were victorious tromping Auburn tonight - 34 - 17! Go Mounties!!!

No comments: