Friday, July 3, 2009

Elizabeth-isms

Sometimes it's just easier with the Cliff Notes:

  • Last day = Yesterday (as in, "I played with the kids last day.")
  • Yes I ma'am = Yes, I am!
  • West Liderdee = West Liberty
  • Pack Pat = Backpack
  • Patapiller = Caterpillar
  • Paint Nails = You have your fingernails/toenails painted
  • I wanna watch 'The Kids' = Jon & Kate + 8 (one of her favorite shows)
  • I'm going to 'The Kids' = Daycare
  • Miss Frienda = Miss Brenda (her teacher at Daycare)
  • Baseball Papi = Big Papi (David Ortiz) - still not to be confused with Papi (Rogers Cunningham)
  • Lady = Erin Jones - she sometimes call Erin by her actual name, but for the most part, it's "Lady"
  • Pewter = computer (as in, "Close your puter, Daddy.")
  • Moat = remote
  • Can I help you? = Move over, I'm going to do this...forewarned is forearmed.
  • It's Wake-Up Time = daybreak (pre-cock-a-doodling of any roosters!)...yet, strangely, when the sun goes down, it isn't "Shhhh! It's sleepy time down South"
  • Yellow is MY favorite = Yellow is my favorite color. Because it is my favorite color, it cannot be your favorite color. Additionally, I reserve the right to call certain foods that are yellow during certain times of the day (example: bananas at breakfast or corn during dinner) by the color "yellow" (typically stated, "I want to eat Yellow.") and you should know just what in the heck I'm talking about, because "Yellow is my very favorite!"

No comments: